Client Communications: Taking Instructions in a Digital World
March 26, 2021 @ 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm AEDTCOST TBA
The importance of getting clear and concise instructions from a client cannot be underestimated and doing so remotely is an added complexity that comes with some risk.
This session explores measures to put in place and how to spot any warning flags, ensuring clients and practitioners are protected from interference or abuse.
- What are the options for remotely taking instructions?
- Have the conduct rules and legislation kept up with changing times?
- Identifying your client – what information do you need? How can it be verified?
- Using teleconferencing – an adequate substitute for face to face interactions?
- Who else is in the room? Can you ensure confidentiality and non-interference?
- Where is the correspondence originating? Spotting fraud and undue influence.
- Tips for minimising risk.
This webinar’s organiser is Television Education Network Pty Ltd. It is part of its professional skills development program for lawyers.